Stream from vb.net Webservice to java client

Filipe Marcelino

hi,

i have a webservice written in vb.net with this method:

<WebMethod()> _
Public Function GetBinaryFile() As Byte()
'Open a file stream.
Dim pobjFileStream As System.IO.FileStream = New
System.IO.FileStream("C:\Inetpub\wwwroot
\WebService1\DPackSetup2003.exe", IO.FileMode.Open)
'Allocate a byte array that will hold the contents.
Dim pbytBytes As Byte() = New Byte(pobjFileStream.Length - 1)
{}
'Now read the stream.
pobjFileStream.Read(pbytBytes, 0, pobjFileStream.Length)
'Now convert to a base64 string and return.
Return pbytBytes
End Function

What this method does is to return a byte array with the contents of
the file. What i want to do is to have a java client that will get
this byte array and write it to disk. I came up with the following
method:

private void jButton3MouseClicked(java.awt.event.MouseEvent evt)
{
// TODO add your handling code here:

try { // Call Web Service Operation
javawebservice_dotnet_axis.Service1 service = new
javawebservice_dotnet_axis.Service1();
javawebservice_dotnet_axis.Service1Soap port =
service.getService1Soap();
// TODO process result here
javawebservice_dotnet_axis.Stream result =
port.getBinaryFile();

//Grava ficheiro
java.io_OutputStreamWriter aux = new
java.io_OutputStreamWriter(new java.io.FileOutputStream("C:\\Documents
and Settings\\me\\Desktop\\savedStream.exe") );
aux.write(result.toString());
aux.flush();
aux.close();

} catch (Exception ex) {
// TODO handle custom exceptions here
}
}

Theorically i should serialize the result to disk but when the program
reaches the code line 'javawebservice_dotnet_axis.Stream result =
port.getBinaryFile();', it automatically jumps to the end of the
method whitout throwing any kind of exception.

Can someone help me on this?

Thanks in advance for your attention,
Marcelino

}

Theorically i should serialize the result to disk but when the program
reaches the code line 'javawebservice_dotnet_axis.Stream result =
port.getBinaryFile();', it automatically jumps to the end of the
method whitout throwing any kind of exception.

Can someone help me on this?

Thanks in advance for your attention,
Marcelino

I already found out what was happening. Apparently the wsdl file from
the webservice wasn't updated. After updating the file, all run great.

Thanks anyway.