    the user select several songs to play and it will play them back to back.

    Thanks,
    Tony K
    Tony K, Jun 3, 2007

  2. Tony K

    Scott M. Guest

    I wouldn't call that streaming audio, I'd call that file download selection.

    Can you be more specific as to what, exactly, you are trying to?

    Scott M., Jun 4, 2007

  3. Tony,
    True streaming audio is done with a streaming audio server, such as
    the windows media server for windows. I think what you're looking for is a
    playlist generator for an appropriate player. For example, you may be able
    to create a windows media player playlist file, asx, dynamically from an
    asp.net application. This would tell the windows media client on the user's
    comptuer what files to grab and information about them.

    --
    Hope this helps,
    Mark Fitzpatrick

    Mark Fitzpatrick, Jun 4, 2007
  4. You can implement streaming media with this free control:
    http://SteveOrr.net/articles/StreamingMedia.aspx
    With a little code I'm sure you can get it to play some songs back to back.

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr,

    Steve C. Orr [MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASP Insider], Jun 4, 2007
  5. Tony K

    Tony K Guest

    Mark,
    Windows Media Server. I have Windows Server 2003 up and running, but
    will that support other OS's that visit my site? I am just reading this
    now, so I haven't even looked into Windows Media Server. Is it available
    for downlaod?

    Thanks,
    Tony

    Tony K, Jun 4, 2007
  6. Tony K

    Tony K Guest

    Steve,
    Thanks a lot for the info. I'll get started on this right away!

    Thanks again,
    Tony K

    "Steve C. Orr [MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASP Insider]" <> wrote in
    message news:D...

    Tony K, Jun 4, 2007
  7. Tony K

    Tony K Guest

    Nevermind on the "available for download" part. I just logged onto my
    server and saw it is included. If I have other questions or problems, I'll
    come back or...find the newsgroup for Media Server.

    Thanks again,

    Tony K

    Tony K, Jun 4, 2007
  8. Tony K

    Scott M. Guest

    Other OS's don't visit your site. Client browsers contact your server, not
    their operating systems.

    Scott M., Jun 5, 2007
  9. Tony K

    Tony K Guest

    Thanks again. Sorry... first time attempting something like this.

    Tony K

    Tony K, Jun 5, 2007