streaming client?

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Andreas_M=FCller?=

hi,

I like to implement a streaming client but I have no idea how to draw
the images. I have a buffer that holds a whole jpeg-image (i stream
motion-jpeg), how can i draw this buffer directly without storing it on
disk? should I use qt oder sth like that? (linux)

Darsant

It depends on your operating system and the decoder that you are using.
Check a linux programming newsgroup for the best way to write it to the
display.

Rolf Magnus

Andreas said:
hi,

I like to implement a streaming client but I have no idea how to draw
the images. I have a buffer that holds a whole jpeg-image (i stream
motion-jpeg), how can i draw this buffer directly without storing it on
disk? should I use qt oder sth like that? (linux)

This is actually off-topic here. A better group would be for example
comp.os.linux.development.apps

Having that said, the best solution under X (which I assume here, since you
mention Linux and Qt) would be to use the X video extension (man Xv).