Streaming Image data to an image viewer

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jerry J, Jul 18, 2003.

  1. Jerry J

    Jerry J Guest

    I have a third party image viewer that can display various
    types of images. The image viewer is ActiveX and lives
    inside of Internet Explorer.

    To get the image viewer to retrieve an image, java script
    on the client looks something like this:

    VIEWER.GetImage("http://www.url.com/SomeImage.jpg")
    VIEWER.GetImage("http://www.url.com/SomeImage.tif")

    Instead of doing the above, I want to have the image
    viewer always hit the same web page as in this:

    VIEWER.GetImage("http://www.url.com/ImgStreamingFrm.aspx")

    ImgStreamingFrm would stream the image data out something
    like this:

    Response.Clear()
    Response.ContentType = "image/tif"
    Response.WriteFile("C:\theImage.tif")

    The above doesn't work, I believe because the imageviewer
    uses the extension such as 'jpg' or 'tif' to know what
    kind of image to expect.

    Can someone give me a suggestion here?

    Jerry J
    Jerry J, Jul 18, 2003