Streaming large file not working with Forms Authentication?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Chris Zopers, May 30, 2010.

  1. Chris Zopers

    Chris Zopers Guest

    Hi all,

    I've got an ASP.NET website that shows video's (mpg format) using the
    Windows Media Player Active X component (object
    classid='CLSID:22D6F312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95' etcetera).

    The video's are being send to the client by using the Response.WriteFile
    method. Everything works fine, except when I use Forms Authentication in
    the web.config. At that point, the site works great but the video's
    won't load anymore. The player starts for about 2 seconds and stops
    again. It seems that the whole mpg file won't be streamed anymore or
    something. When I debug the code, everything works just fine, no bugs or
    exceptions.

    Does anyone recognize this problem or knows a solution for this?

    Chris.

    Chris Zopers, May 30, 2010

  2. Chris Zopers

    Chris Zopers Guest