    the above is about as technical as i can get so please try not to use too
    much jargon in the answer or i will just end up crying in the corner..

    thank you very much

    the idiot, Jul 1, 2005

  2. the idiot

    Spartanicus Guest

    "the idiot" <> wrote:

    >i want to stream some mp3 stuff using a m3u redirector file thingy....
    >would this work for folk viewing with a mac...?

    Serve it up right http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/streaming.htm
    leave the rest to the client.

    --
    Spartanicus

    Spartanicus, Jul 1, 2005

  3. the idiot

    the idiot Guest

    "Spartanicus" <> wrote in message
    > "the idiot" <> wrote:
    >
    > >i want to stream some mp3 stuff using a m3u redirector file thingy....
    > >would this work for folk viewing with a mac...?

    > Serve it up right http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/streaming.htm
    > leave the rest to the client.
    >
    > --

    ahh cheers sir.... can we trust the client? or is that not our problem?
    anyway thanks again.

    the idiot, Jul 1, 2005
  4. the idiot

    > "the idiot" <> wrote:
    >
    > >i want to stream some mp3 stuff using a m3u redirector file thingy....
    > >would this work for folk viewing with a mac...?

    > Serve it up right http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/streaming.htm
    > leave the rest to the client.
    >
    > --
    > Spartanicus

    erm what does this bit mean.. pardon my ignorance
    "It's advisable to append a CR/LF after the url in the m3u file as this
    seems to improve reliability for some clients"

    the idiot, Jul 2, 2005
  5. the idiot

    Spartanicus Guest

    "the idiot" <> wrote:

    >> >i want to stream some mp3 stuff using a m3u redirector file thingy....
    >> >would this work for folk viewing with a mac...?

    >> Serve it up right http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/streaming.htm
    >> leave the rest to the client.
    >>

    >ahh cheers sir.... can we trust the client? or is that not our problem?

    Not your problem.

    --
    Spartanicus

    Spartanicus, Jul 2, 2005
  6. the idiot

    Spartanicus Guest

    "the idiot" <> wrote:

    >> Serve it up right http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/streaming.htm
    >> leave the rest to the client.

    >erm what does this bit mean.. pardon my ignorance
    >"It's advisable to append a CR/LF after the url in the m3u file as this
    >seems to improve reliability for some clients"

    Hit enter after the url so that there is a blank line beneath the url.

    Btw, please configure your news client to remove sigs or do so manually
    when following up.

    --
    Spartanicus

    Spartanicus, Jul 2, 2005
  7. the idiot

    > "the idiot" <> wrote:
    >
    > >> Serve it up right http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/streaming.htm
    > >> leave the rest to the client.

    > >erm what does this bit mean.. pardon my ignorance
    > >"It's advisable to append a CR/LF after the url in the m3u file as this
    > >seems to improve reliability for some clients"

    > Hit enter after the url so that there is a blank line beneath the url.
    >
    > Btw, please configure your news client to remove sigs or do so manually
    > when following up.

    okee normally i do get rid of sigs but i thought seeing as youd taken the
    bother to put it there that it was impolite... hehe.
    but thanks for the help sir.

    the idiot, Jul 2, 2005
  8. the idiot

    > >> Serve it up right http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/streaming.htm
    > >> leave the rest to the client.
    > >>

    > >ahh cheers sir.... can we trust the client? or is that not our problem?

    > Not your problem.

    tis just that (in my ignorant way) i was reading somewhere that macs try to
    download the redirect file instead of letting it redirect.. unless i was
    reading it wrong. anyway thanks again.

    the idiot, Jul 2, 2005