Streaming mpegs

Paul F. Johnson

Hi,

Using the same recipe as streaming a flash file, I'm trying to do the same
with an mpeg file and not suprising, I'm not getting anything out...

The HTML looks like this

<h1>Stream testing</h1>
<object type="video/mpeg" data="streamed/introduction.mpg" width="400"
height="400">
<param name="movie" value="streamed/introduction.mpg" />
</object>

with the bit of the stylesheet which defines movie

#movie
{
padding-top: 9px;
padding-left: 40px;
height: 400px;
width: 400px;
}

The actual page is

http://www.reelnorth.co.uk/streamer.html

Any ideas why this is or is it that mpeg video is not the best in the
world for streaming?

TTFN

Paul

Spartanicus

Paul said:
Sorry, you don't appear to have frame support.

Why on earth are you using frames on that page?

Cold isn't it?
Any ideas why this is or is it that mpeg video is not the best in the
world for streaming?

Have a look at this:

http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/embed.htm
http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/streaming.htm

Richard

Paul! said:
Using the same recipe as streaming a flash file, I'm trying to do the
same with an mpeg file and not suprising, I'm not getting anything out...
The HTML looks like this
<h1>Stream testing</h1>
<object type="video/mpeg" data="streamed/introduction.mpg" width="400"
height="400">
<param name="movie" value="streamed/introduction.mpg" />
</object>
with the bit of the stylesheet which defines movie
#movie
{
padding-top: 9px;
padding-left: 40px;
height: 400px;
width: 400px;
}
The actual page is

Any ideas why this is or is it that mpeg video is not the best in the
world for streaming?

The way you have it, the visitor has to wait while the movie is loaded and
if they're on dialup, that could take forever.
Do not load the movie with the page. Rather, load everything else then allow
the visitor to choose to view the movie or not.
I got tired of waiting for the page to load and I'm on cable.

I would suggest using true streaming video such as "RM" or "ASF".