  1. Is there some way to stream only the body of a Word document (.doc), without
    all the hidden information, such as the gobbledygook at the top and document
    prroperties?

    =?Utf-8?B?U3RlcGhlbiBSLiBHaWJzb24=?=, Jan 19, 2006

  2. no - that would not be a complete document. What you could do is invoke
    word server side and pick out the sections you needed and return them as
    text with a doc extension leaving all the properties and stuff blank when
    word opened it as a new document.

    --
    Regards

    John Timney
    Microsoft MVP

    "Stephen R. Gibson" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    John Timney \( MVP \), Jan 19, 2006

  3. What exactly are you asking? Do you only want to send the text in the
    document?

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP
    ..Net Developer
    Who is Mighty Abbott?
    A twin turret scalawag.

    "Stephen R. Gibson" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Kevin Spencer, Jan 19, 2006
  4. How would one go about that?

    =?Utf-8?B?U3RlcGhlbiBSLiBHaWJzb24=?=, Jan 20, 2006
  5. I want the text at a minimum. Formatted text would be better. The whole
    "public face" of the document would be best.
    Basically, what i'm trying to accomplish is to display the contents of
    documents uploaded by users within the context of my site, rather than
    serving up the whole document outside the page.
    I hope that makes sense.

    =?Utf-8?B?U3RlcGhlbiBSLiBHaWJzb24=?=, Jan 20, 2006
  6. You'll need to install office on your server, and manipulate the documents
    via automation

    Start here:

    http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/wordapplication.asp

    --