    or sound clip without it attempt to download for the user.

    Thanks,
    Brian
    Brian, Oct 20, 2003

  2. Brian

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <bn107t$rmjmc$-berlin.de>,
    says...
    > Do I need specific software on my web server in order to steam video for
    > Media Player or it is all just in code? I want to stream a 30 minute video
    > or sound clip without it attempt to download for the user.
    > Thanks,
    > Brian

    First, all you need is the file out there. If the player downloads the
    file faster than it plays it, then it is streaming.

    Second why do you care if they download it or not?

    Third, I think you mean you do not want the user to be asked if they
    want to down load the video or just watch it. You want them to just
    watch it. Well you can't do that with 100% reliability, but you can do
    it by embedding the player into the page via <object>.

    For different reasons some people may or may not see it, and others will
    still have it pop up and ask the question. Knowing this, we embed it
    all the time. It is your choice, you just need to know there are
    consequences to your actions.

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com
    Whitecrest, Oct 20, 2003

  3. Brian

    Brian Guest

    Thanks..I think the file is going to be rather large, thus the reason I
    don't want them to be allowed to download it.

    If they click on it, it doesn't really stream like, say, live radio or taped
    radio shows. Does that make sense? I want to make sure it plays well while
    it continues to load the file.

    Thanks,
    Brian

    Brian, Oct 20, 2003
  4. Brian

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <bn16id$ridcl$-berlin.de>,
    says...
    > If they click on it, it doesn't really stream like, say, live radio or taped
    > radio shows....

    You need to provide a link as an example of what you ae trying to
    accomplish.
    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com