    will probably be only media player, but could also be realplayer and winamp.
    Don't know any others.

    Desmond.
    Desmond, Aug 2, 2004

  2. (Desmond) wrote in
    news::

    > Can anyone tell me how to stream a video on the server please. The
    > target will probably be only media player, but could also be
    > realplayer and winamp. Don't know any others.

    Wizard to write code for Real Player, Quicktime, Windows Media Player, and
    Flash:
    http://cit.ucsf.edu/embedmedia/step1.php

    --
    Edward Alfert
    http://www.rootmode.com/
    Edward Alfert, Aug 2, 2004

  3. Desmond

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Toby Inkster, Aug 2, 2004
  4. Desmond

    Spartanicus Guest

    Spartanicus, Aug 2, 2004
  5. Desmond

    Webcastmaker Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Can anyone tell me how to stream a video on the server please. The target
    > will probably be only media player, but could also be realplayer and winamp.
    > Don't know any others.

    Do you mean "streaming" or "progressive download" The two are
    different.

    If it plays faster than it download then it is progressively
    downloading and to the viewer it might as well be streaming. All
    that is required is a link to the file. The "player" will take care
    of the rest.

    If you mean Streaming, then you need a media server, and the
    resulting stream is not sitting on the clients machine.
    --
    WebcastMaker
    www.webentations.com
    Webcastmaker, Aug 3, 2004