Streaming xml questions

Guillaume Dargaud

Hello,
I've googled a bit about the possibility of streaming xml data and ended up
quite confused.
I would like to stream scientific data acquisitions either to a unix named
pipe or a tcp/ip connection.
Google turned up plenty of research papers, some custom configs of Apache
and some scratch written parsers, but nothing very conclusive.

Is there a standard way to stream and parse streamed XML ?
Or should I use something else than XML for that purpose ?

Patrick TJ McPhee

% Is there a standard way to stream and parse streamed XML ?

You need to write your own I/O code, but any SAX parser will work on
a stream of data.