stress testing rublog

Dave Thomas

Folks:

After our recent Slashdotting, I'm looking at our server performance :)
One thing I'm looking to do it run run a fastcgi version of rublog.
Before I do that, though, I'd like to run some comparative numbers.

Can anyone recommend a decent, lightweight webserver load testing tool,
something that'll send requests in parallel and measure response times
and throughput?

Cheers

Dave

Aredridel

Can anyone recommend a decent, lightweight webserver load testing tool,
something that'll send requests in parallel and measure response times
and throughput?

I hear good things about "ab". Not sure where to get it at the moment, though.

Chad Fowler

Folks:

After our recent Slashdotting, I'm looking at our server performance :)
One thing I'm looking to do it run run a fastcgi version of rublog.
Before I do that, though, I'd like to run some comparative numbers.

Can anyone recommend a decent, lightweight webserver load testing tool,
something that'll send requests in parallel and measure response times
and throughput?

JMeter from the Jakarta project isn't bad once you get it set up, but
it's a little unintuitive at first. Since you have a Mac, I know you
have a JVM that will run it, so it's not too much of a pain to
install.

Chad

Klaus Momberger

Dave Thomas said:
Folks:

After our recent Slashdotting, I'm looking at our server performance :)
One thing I'm looking to do it run run a fastcgi version of rublog.
Before I do that, though, I'd like to run some comparative numbers.

Can anyone recommend a decent, lightweight webserver load testing tool,
something that'll send requests in parallel and measure response times
and throughput?

Cheers

Dave

OpenSta is really cool, but windows only.

http://www.opensta.org/

-klaus.