string operation and related exception

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by George2, Feb 26, 2008.

  1. George2

    George2

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2008
    Messages:
    108
    Hello everyone,

    I made some self-study of the possible exception from string operations. I want to let you review whether I am correct. Since I can not find any exception information from MSDN. Talking in Visual Studio STL environment is ok.

    1. assignment, may throw bad_alloc?
    2. comparison (compare), nothrow?
    3. insert, may throw bad_alloc?
    4. concatenation, may throw bad_alloc?
    5. replace, may throw bad_alloc (suppose replace small sub-string to large sub-string)?
    6. find (e.g. find_first_of), nothrow?
    7. substr, may throw bad_alloc (sub-string is something new)?

    thanks in advance,
    George

    George2, Feb 26, 2008