    points of view .

    Regards.
    , Dec 11, 2007

  2. user923005 Guest

    On Dec 11, 3:44 pm, wrote:
    > Hi all C.
    >
    > Nead some help with string "on the fly" parsing, how it can be
    > realized ?

    C answer: strtok()

    Other answer: use Yacc or Bison or the Gold Parser, etc.

    > Any ideas? I got some of my own, but it's interesting to get other
    > points of view .

    Parsing is a pretty broad topic. If you need something compilicated,
    they try news:comp.compilers
    Otherwise, post your attempts and we will critique them.
    user923005, Dec 12, 2007

  3. Chris Dollin Guest

    wrote:

    > Nead some help with string "on the fly" parsing, how it can be
    > realized ?

    I don't understand the question. What do you mean by 'string "on the fly"
    parsing'? Is it different from just plain parsing?

    Concrete examples help - they give us something to get our teeth into.

    --
    Chris "why yes, they are diamond, how did you know?" Dollin

    registered no: 690597 England Berks RG12 1HN
    Chris Dollin, Dec 12, 2007
  4. <> wrote in message
    > Nead some help with string "on the fly" parsing, how it can be
    > realized ?
    > Any ideas? I got some of my own, but it's interesting to get other
    > points of view .

    Read my MiniBasic pages to understand how to go about the process of
    building a parser for mathematical expressions, programming languages, and
    similar.

    --
    Free games and programming goodies.
    http://www.personal.leeds.ac.uk/~bgy1mm