String truncated

News

Hi,

I have this javascript:
function confirmAndSubmit(val) {
var confMessage;

confMessage="Your benefit selections are final and cannot be changed once
you proceed. Are you sure?\n\nI understand that the information contained
herein has been provided by #Replace(GetName.name, '"', '\"', 'ALL')#, and
the information will be shared with plan administrators and benefit
providers that have been selected by #Replace(GetName.name, '"', '\"',
'ALL')# for the purpose of determining benefit coverage and claims
adjudication and to persons authorized by law. I understand that my social
insurance number will be used for income tax purposes and payroll deductions
may be adjusted in accordance with benefit selections and personal
information. I further understand it is my responsibility to advise Human
Resources of any change in my personal information within 31 days of the
occurrence.\n\nAuthorizations and Declarations:\n\n1. I hereby apply for
coverage under the group benefits plan offered by my plan sponsor and issued
by the insurer(s).\n\n2. I certify that I have reviewed the personal
information and dependent information and that the information given is
true, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge.\n\n3. In applying
for coverage for my spouse and/or dependants, I confirm that I am authorized
to act on their behalf.\n\n4. I authorize:\n\n - my plan sponsor to
deduct from my pay and remit to the insurer(s) the plan member contributions
required under the plan, if applicable\n\n - the insurer(s) to use my
social insurance number for tax reporting purposes and as an identification
number where it is required in the administration of the plan(s)\n\n -
Easyflex Benefits Administration Inc., my plan administrator, the
insurer(s), any healthcare provider(s), other insurance or reinsurance
companies, or service providers working with the insurer(s) to exchange
personal information, when necessary to determine my eligibility for
coverage and to administer the plan\n\n5. I agree that a photocopy or
electronic copy or the Authorizations and Declarations section is as valid
as the original.\n\n For Quebec Applicants: I request that this form be in
English. Je demande que ce formulaire me soit remis en anglais.";

if (confirm(confMessage))
document.review.submit();

The confirm() message used to popup in full and displayed all the text. But,
since I installed Internet Explorer 7 the message in the confirm box has
been truncated and looks at the end like that "For Quebec Applicants:...".
This is only true for IE 7 and works fine for IE 6 and Firefox.
Unfortunately, I can not dictate to users what to use so, I need to work
around somehow. And, I can not modify the text as it is written by lawers.
So, I have either to contact lawers to re-write the text or, write html
popup.

Before I use one of the above options, is there anything I can do to remedy
this programmatically?

Thank you in advance,

Gene

Tom Cole

[...]

You have no control over the confirm window. I would recommend writing
your own pop-up or floating div.