StringCollectionEditor in Designer

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Grafix, Jan 5, 2004.

  1. Grafix

    Grafix Guest

    All,
    I have a ASP .NET server control, that has a string[]
    property in it. Though i am able to edit this property
    with the VS .NET's string collection editor, the altered
    values are not getting persisted properly.

    I tried giving PeristenceMode.InnerProperty and
    DesignerSerializationVisibility also. But it doesnt work.

    My Question is as follows:
    How to provide Designer support for a server control, that
    has a string[] (string array) as a property in it.

    Ex:
    public class MyControl : ....
    {
    private string[] _mycolln;

    //[PersistenceMode(PeristenceMode.InnerProperty]
    public string[] MyColln
    {
    get { return this._mycolln; }
    set { this._mycolln = value; }

    The values, when edited in the VS .NET editor, should
    reflect the changes in the HTML code. (which is not
    happening!). Should i need to do any thing additional
    overrides while Loading / Saving state for this to work???

    If it matters, development environment is VS .NET 2003
    (.NET FW 1.1)

    Thanks in advance
    Regardz
    Grafix.