Strip Visual Studio META Tags Is Safe?

localhost

I have these in all of my pages:

And I am wondering if it is safe to remove them after I compile the
ASP.NET application, or if it is possible to have VS.NET 2003 not put
them in my .aspx pages in the first place.

Thanks.

Chris Jackson

meta tags are not rendered, they are only used to provide information to the
server and the client. They can be deleted at will, if you don't need them.
Removing the target schema and client script meta tags will remove some
intellisense features on the development environment, but nothing contained
in a meta tag will affect the rendering of the page itself.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Localhost,

Thanks for posting in the community!
From your description, you are wondering some infos on the <meta> tags
VS.NET has automatically put in the ASP.NET page when page is created and
whether it'll cause any problem if remove them, yes?

As for this problem, I agree to Chris's opinion, the meta tags commonly
tells web browsers basic host information about a site or the tools that
created the source files of the site. This information is also used by
search engines. For detailed info on the META tags, you may view the
following web references:

#META - Metadata
http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/html40/head/meta.html

#HTML Tutorial -> META - Metadata