Strong Assembly Name

Karl Seguin

Strong naming an assembly means someone can't go into your assembly and
modify it. In other words, someone can't hack it, put a trojan in it and
make it look like it's ur doing.

In my opinion you'd do it when you are shipping a product or even more so a
component/library. If you are doing internal developement (enterprise
development) or you are shipping to a single client (contract work) it
becomes less important. Of course, it barely takes any time....

Karl

Kevin Spencer

If you are doing internal developement (enterprise development) or you
are shipping to a single client (contract work) it becomes less important.
Of course, it barely takes any time....

In fact, it's better to NOT use the GAC for this type of thing generally, as
it makes it a pain in the butt to make changes and update them. For example,
in our system, we make changes on a weekly (usually) basis. And since our
stuff is safely behind a firewall, and other security systems, there's no
need to go to the trouble.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer