    If I inherit CollectionsBase, it also returns an ArrayOf. I want the root
    xml element to just be of the class itself (if that makes any sense). Is
    this even possible? What do I need to inherit?
    Dave T, Mar 17, 2008

  2. Dave T

    sloan Guest

    If you want a strong object/collection on the outside world (of a web
    service)...then the client needs to know something about some kind of strong
    collection.

    Take a look here:
    http://sholliday.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!A68482B9628A842A!158.entry

    I have a IZebraCollection.......which the service and the host know about.

    Its WCF, but WCF can be exposed as a webservice.

    sloan, Mar 17, 2008