    anyone know something that I can use in place of this function for
    windows?

    thanks!
    justin, Jul 12, 2007

  2. On 2007-07-12 17:58, wrote:
    > strptime() is not supported by windows, only by unix systems. Does
    > anyone know something that I can use in place of this function for
    > windows?

    Not sure of the exact differences but strftime seems to be close, and a
    bit safer too.

    --
    Erik Wikström
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Erik_Wikstr=F6m?=, Jul 12, 2007

  3. Erik Wikström wrote:

    > On 2007-07-12 17:58, wrote:
    >> strptime() is not supported by windows, only by unix systems. Does
    >> anyone know something that I can use in place of this function for
    >> windows?

    > Not sure of the exact differences but strftime seems to be close, and a
    > bit safer too.

    strptime is the inverse of strftime. I suggest you ask in a group for
    windows programming, or search for a usable implementation (glibc has one,
    I believe). There are lots of POSIX libraries for Windows, I believe
    Microsoft also has one.

    --
    rbh
    Robert Bauck Hamar, Jul 12, 2007
  4. justin

    Old Wolf Guest

    On Jul 13, 8:43 am, Erik Wikström <> wrote:
    > On 2007-07-12 17:58, wrote:
    >
    > > strptime() is not supported by windows, only by unix systems. Does
    > > anyone know something that I can use in place of this function for
    > > windows?

    JFGI

    > Not sure of the exact differences but strftime seems to be close,
    > and a bit safer too.

    strptime converts a text representation back
    into a time_t .
    Old Wolf, Jul 13, 2007