[strus] tiles, menu static?

Dennis Dahn

Hello,

I am building a struts application with tiles. The side is built as follows:
menu,footer, head and contents.
In my tiles def I have the following entries:

<tiles-definitions>
<definition name="webladen.welcomeLayout" path="/layouts/welcomeLayout.jsp">
<put name="title" value="Welcome..." />
<put name="header" value="/view/tiles/header.jsp" />
<put name="menu" value="/view/tiles/menu.jsp" />
<put name="footer" value="/view/tiles/footer.jsp" />
<put name="content" value="/view/tiles/contentFirst.jsp" />
</definition>
<definition name="webshop.katalog" extends="webshop.welcomeLayout">
<put name="content" value="/view/katalog.jsp"/>
</definition>
</tiles-definitions>

But when I click on the catalogue button, every area on the side is loading
new, but of course I only want the content-are to be loaded.

Could anybody tell me what I do wrong?
Thank you very much for your action!

Dennis

Andrew Thompson

But when I click on the catalogue button, every area on the side is loading
new, but of course I only want the content-are to be loaded.

'frames' are the problem to your immediate solution*,
but the more fundamental problem is an apparent lack of
knowledge of how HTML works.

You are attempting to take a stateless, and deliberately
simple, way to present a UI (HTML), and treat it like it
were a desktop application.

* I would have said 'solution to immediate problem',
except that frames solve one problem, only to introduce
a dozen other, much more interesting problems.