struts action return to client

Joseph

Hello,

Using struts, i'm trying to do a straight http reponse back to an
external requesting client. I do not want to forward to one of the
jsp's in my application.

I've been reading the struts documentation and can't find any mention
of this. hat Any help would be appreciated.

Sudsy

Joseph said:
Hello,

Using struts, i'm trying to do a straight http reponse back to an
external requesting client. I do not want to forward to one of the
jsp's in my application.

I've been reading the struts documentation and can't find any mention
of this. hat Any help would be appreciated.

Check the javadocs for Action. Read the section regarding the
execute method, which says in part:
"Return an ActionForward instance describing where and how
control should be forwarded, or null if the response has
already been completed."
Need I say more?