struts actionForward default page

Alessandro Rossi

Hi,
I have a struts project deployed on a tomcat server, I would like that
when a user goes into the site (http://localhost:8080/MySite), should
be executed an action, and not a jsp.

I tried to modify the web.xml file with something like
<welcome-file-list>

<welcome-file>myActionForward.do?reqCode=myReqCode</welcome-file>
</welcome-file-list>

I tried like above, but if I access to the site, it gives me the index
of all pages...:) and doesn't execute the actionForward.

Does anybody can help me?
Thank you
Alessandro Rossi

Wendy Smoak

Alessandro Rossi said:
I have a struts project deployed on a tomcat server, I would like that
when a user goes into the site (http://localhost:8080/MySite), should
be executed an action, and not a jsp.

Look at the 'struts-blank' webapp that ships with Struts. It includes an
example of doing what [I think you] want. (It's done in struts-config.xml,
though, and web.xml just has 'index.jsp' as a welcome file.)