[Struts] Composite actions using include?

Sebastian Millies

Hi,

I have a Struts 1.1 based webapp. A new requirement has come
up, which I can satisfy by executing the existing actions A, B, C
and forwarding to a new page xyz.jsp. The idea would be to
write an action X and from there include (not forward) the
existing actions, do some additional magic, and finally return
an ActionForward poiting to xyz.jsp.

How can I define an ActionMapping that allows me to do that?
Or must I hardcode includes to A, B, C in X using
RequestDispatcher.include()?
Is this even feasible?

What are the alternatives? Perhaps I could define A', B', C' in my
struts-config, such that A' forwards to B' forwards to C' forwards to xyz.
(But this would require changing existing code, too, because there would
be no place for X's extra magic).

Any thoughts?
-- Sebastian