STRUTS: Configuration is Frozen Illegal State Exception

Discussion in 'Java' started by Petros, Aug 20, 2003.

  1. Petros

    Petros Guest

    If anyone can help ....

    We have an application which we recently migrated from Struts 1.0.2 to
    Release 1.1. Our application used to dynamically alter the input
    setting of the STRUTS ActionMapping, thus allowing us to dynamically
    set the return page to return to within Form validate methods.

    The code used to do something like this ...

    mapping.setInput(mapping.findForward(getBusinessProcessStage(request)).getPath());

    just prior to returning from the form validate method. We do this so
    that depending on our current business process stage, if there are
    errors we could potentially return to several different input forms.

    In Release 1.1 however when the following is called, an Illegal State
    Exception is thrown with a Configuration is Frozen Message.

    Can anybody suggest an alternative way of doing what we used to do???
    i.e. return to any number of different pages from within a validate
    method when ActionErrors have been generated.

    Thanks In Advance
    Petros

    Petros, Aug 20, 2003