Struts EL tags in Weblogic 9

Discussion in 'Java' started by Tim Slattery, Sep 3, 2008.

  1. Tim Slattery

    Tim Slattery Guest

    Maybe this is more of a Weblogic question, but maybe somebody here
    knows the answer...

    We've been using Struts in Weblogic 8, and making heavy use of the
    Struts-el tags. Now we're converting to Weblogic 9.

    For the initial step, I'd like to keep things as close as possible
    between the two systems. That means running the app in WL9 in servlets
    2.3 mode. (Going to 2.4 mode involves editing the pages a LOT.) I've
    found out that I have to use the JSTL 1.1 libraries in WL9, even in
    servlets 2.3 mode. No problem there.

    But when I use a struts el tag, the EL expression doesn't get
    evaluated! For example:

    title="Edit pay group 1"> is rendered as:

    title="Edit pay group 1">

    instead of something like:

    I know the ultimate solution is to go to servlets 2.4 mode, then I can
    use EL anyplace and I don't even need to el tags. But is there a way
    to make it work in servlets 2.3 mode?

    --
    Tim Slattery

    http://members.cox.net/slatteryt