Struts link problem

TDOR

I have a welcome.jsp and a projectproperties.jsp.
When i press a html link on welcome.jsp to href="projectproperties.do"
im sent
to back welcome.jsp again!? This is from the struts-config:

<form-beans>
<form-bean name="ProjectPropertiesForm"
type="myself.ProjectPropertiesForm"/>
</form-beans>
<action-mappings>
<action path="/welcome" forward="/Welcome.jsp"/>
<action name="ProjectPropertiesForm" path="/projectproperties"
input="ProjectProperties.jsp" type="myself.ProjectPropertiesAction"
scope="request" validate="true">
<forward name="success" path="/welcome.do"/>
<forward name="failure" path="/ProjectProperties.jsp"/>
</action>

I have built it based on the struts-blank.war sample (struts 1.2.7).
What am i doing wrong?

Wendy Smoak

TDOR said:
I have a welcome.jsp and a projectproperties.jsp.
When i press a html link on welcome.jsp to href="projectproperties.do"
im sent to back welcome.jsp again!?

Let's see something from ProjectPropertiesAction. In particular, I bet
you're calling
mapping.findForward( "success" );
when you mean
mapping.getInputForward();
which would send you to the ProjectProperties.jsp

For some reason you've defined "success" within the ProjectProperties
ActionMapping to go back to welcome:
<forward name="success" path="/welcome.do"/>

Probably success should go to [something like] ProjectPropertiesSuccess.jsp
which will have a message saying whatever the user did, worked okay.

Kamal Chandana

The "success" of the /projectproperties action is set to welcome.jsp
page.
Check your myself.ProjectPropertiesAction:
If you have code like
mapping.findForward("success") for the success then you have made a
mistake in struts-config. Change the struts-config file as,
<forward name="failure" path="/welcome.do"/>
<forward name="success" path="/ProjectProperties.jsp"/>

You will understand the error.

If not, paste the code in Action class here.