Struts link tag

GuyBrush Treepwood

Because I don't get the error without the security constraint, it must be
because of the wrong URL pattern.

I keep getting the same errors even with:

<security-constraint>
<web-resource-collection>
<web-resource-name>no_access</web-resource-name>
<url-pattern>*.jsp</url-pattern>
</web-resource-collection>
<auth-constraint/>
</security-constraint>

The strange thing, I don't get it with all pages although the same
IncludeTop.jsp (where the taglibs are included) is included in all the jsp
pages.

Wendy S

GuyBrush Treepwood said:
The strange thing, I don't get it with all pages although the same
IncludeTop.jsp (where the taglibs are included) is included in all the jsp
pages.

Please post the include statement you're using. Is it compile time, or
runtime? (See where I'm going with this? It's like changing a static
final constant in Class B... the in general compiler will not be able to
tell that Class A, which uses that constant, needs to be recompiled.)

Shut down Tomcat and delete everything in the 'work' directory for this
webapp. Then restart and see what happens.

What it has to do with the security constraint, I have NO idea! I think
you've got other problems, but this may be masking some more consistent
behavior that will help you figure it out.

GuyBrush Treepwood

Please post the include statement you're using. Is it compile time, or
runtime? (See where I'm going with this? It's like changing a static
final constant in Class B... the in general compiler will not be able to
tell that Class A, which uses that constant, needs to be recompiled.)

<%@page contentType="text/html"%>

<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core" prefix="c" %>
<%@ taglib uri="http://struts.apache.org/tags-html-el" prefix="html-el" %>
<%@ taglib uri="http://struts.apache.org/tags-logic-el" prefix="logic-el" %>