Struts logic:iterator for 2d array

Trevor

Hi,

I am using Struts 1.3 with Hibernate. If I run a simple HQL query in one of
my data access objects (e.g. "from users as u"), this returns a list to my
actionform which I can iterate through in my jsp as follows:

<logic:iterate id="usersForm" name="usersForm" property="allusers"
scope="request">
<bean:write name="usersForm" property="firstname"/>
<bean:write name="usersForm" property="lastname"/>
</logic:iterate>

The above works fine. However when trying to run a query that joins two
tables together (e.g. "from users as u inner join u.addresses as a") this
returns a 2D list in the format:

Element 0
User
Address
Element 1
User
Address

Which I cannot use in my jsp as the <logic:iterate> is iterating over the
top-level elements and not the user/address objects. I think I need to have
nested <logic:iterate> tags but not sure of the syntax or how this affects
my actionform.

Any help of guidence on this would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Trev

Danno

[...]

I don't know how much help you will get, since people have started
using some modern web frameworks, and Struts has also evolved from
1.3. Try to nest the logic:iterate tags yourself and see if that
works. You can also look into using JSTL to include in your Struts
package which definitely provides the nesting capability. If you are
doing a greenfield project then very much consider a modern web
framework like Seam, Grails, Wicket, or Struts 2.0.