Struts Newbie going crazy!

Jean Moura

I am trying to actually use the struts-blank, but if I do any
alteration on the aplication.properties, Tomcat show me an error.

(log file error) 2005-02-13 20:00:04 StandardWrapperValve[action]:
Servlet.service() for servlet action threw exception
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Missing message for key
"welcome.title"

(page error) javax.servlet.ServletException: Missing message for key
"errors.cancel"

It's very weard because I didnt do anything wrong. This entry actually
exists in the resource file. Tomcat keeps showing this error even if I
undo the alteration.

HELP!

Jean

richard.wooding

What is the contents of struts-config.xml does it contain something
like?

<!-- ================================ Message Resources Definitions -->
<message-resources parameter="resources.application"/>

What are you using to edit the resources file.

Are you perhaps altering permissions on the file, so it cannot be read
by the tomcat process?

Steve Sobol

What is the contents of struts-config.xml does it contain something
like?

<!-- ================================ Message Resources Definitions -->
<message-resources parameter="resources.application"/>

What are you using to edit the resources file.

Are you perhaps altering permissions on the file, so it cannot be read
by the tomcat process?

And is it located in the WEB-INF/classes folder?

Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / (e-mail address removed) / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED

"In case anyone was wondering, that big glowing globe above the Victor
Valley is the sun." -Victorville _Daily Press_ on the unusually large
amount of rain the Southland has gotten this winter (January 12th, 2005)

Heiner Kücker

Jean Moura
I am trying to actually use the struts-blank, but if I do any
alteration on the aplication.properties, Tomcat show me an error.

(log file error) 2005-02-13 20:00:04 StandardWrapperValve[action]:
Servlet.service() for servlet action threw exception
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Missing message for key
"welcome.title"

(page error) javax.servlet.ServletException: Missing message for key
"errors.cancel"

It's very weard because I didnt do anything wrong. This entry actually
exists in the resource file. Tomcat keeps showing this error even if I
undo the alteration.

Struts is a very crazy issue for implementing web apps.
It solved simple things in a complicated way.

Is my framework
JSP WorkFlow: http://www.control-and-command.de
useful for you?

My Framework enabled to write a JSP application
easy like an modal DOS application like BASIC or
CLIPPER.

It closed the gap between Browser and Server
presented by the request response cycle.

Online demo is available on
http://www.control-and-command.de

The bottom of the demo pages shows the scripting source code
with an arrow on the current source code line.

This is an JSP Custom Tag for debug.

An single step debug mode is available.

The CnC-Language contents procedures and functions
with parameters (per value or per reference)
and control structures
if/else if/else condition,
while loop
and do loop.

Sorry, Documentation is completely written in german language.

My Framework contents an DomainParser (parser for an
Domain Specific Language), an Compiler and a
Flow Processing Unit.

It works with JSP Custom Tags.

Its completely free.

Im pleased over an positive feedback or
success story by using my framework.

Jean Moura

Richard, thanks for helping.

After I deploy the struts-blank.war, it runs ok (Welcome.do calling
/pages/Welcome.jsp) an then, after I do any modification in the
aplication.properties, the error comes. When I undo the modification
the error persist. It's very weard.

I checked the permission like you said and there is nothing wrong.

I'm using Tomcat 5.0.30 and struts 1.2.4

Going nuts here!

Greetings from Brazil :)

Jean

Jean Moura

Thanks for helping group!!

I found the error!

Struts-blank brings a compiled version and it works fine at the first
time but the struts-config.xml doesnt have the correct reference to
the resource file and when you build the project the error comes right
after. There are variations in the lasts struts versions. So be
careful! Point to the correct resource file, expressing the package
and the file name without the extension (.properties) and you'll be
just fine.

Bye

Jean

Steve Sobol

Heiner said:
Struts is a very crazy issue for implementing web apps.
It solved simple things in a complicated way.

Yeah, I agree that the Apache Foundation's projects tend to be more complex
than normal (cf. Tomcat vs. Jetty), but Struts isn't that bad. OTOH, I'd try
your framework if you'd be willing to document it in English. (If I'm missing
an existing English-language section on your website, let me know!)