    As an architectural question - does ASP.NET offer any "pattern" like Struts to facilitate front-ends to Web Servers?

    As far as I can see, it's up to the developer to create the patterns (eg. like MVC - Model View Controllers, Struts) from scratch

    Have i missed something here ?

    PeteZ, Jun 26, 2003

  2. PeteZ

    Tu-Thach Guest

    ASP.NET offers a great way to separate presentation from
    code logic MUCH better than Struts.

    Tu-Thach

    Tu-Thach, Jun 26, 2003

  3. PeteZ

    Steve S Guest

    Oh really? Which mechanism is that? You mean the one that passes a
    humongous activestate all over everywhere with terrible performance
    hits?

    I am looking for good MVC paradigm on dot net also...and so
    far..finding little...

    Steve S, Jun 30, 2003
  4. Humongeous? 1 or 2 k is humongeous? You've got total control over your
    viewstate, if you don't like it you can always turn it off and use the
    session like struts does.

    If your looking for an MVC implementation in .NET check out the samples on
    www.asp.net or www.gotdot.net
    I'm pretty sure there was a framework implemented by someone from MS but
    it's not nearly as developed as Struts.

    Tomasz Kaszuba, Jun 30, 2003