Struts Resources

Jeremy

Hello,

I am developing an application using STRUTS and have an interesting
problem.

The resources concept is good, and ties in with the STRUTS framework
nicely, however, my company requires the values in this resource file
to originate, and be maintainable, from a mainframe.

I have done a bit of browsing, and the closest I have gotten so far is
that in the Action I access the MessageResources and, maybe, the
MessageResourcesFactory. However, these classes only provide basic
read-only type access.

I do not want to be too "tricky" in an implementation, as the code
should be reasonably generic and not require re-analysing when/if we
upgrade to a new version/implementation of STRUTS.

Has anyone had the same problem, and hopefully, got an answer?

Thanks in advance,
Jeremy