Struts - servlet level cache with expiration

John

Hi all,

within a struts webapp I actually have imlemented a web applicaiton
wide cache located in the servletContext.

Now I am looking for a solution how to provide an expiration mechanism.
I have searched the groups for topics like 'listener' or 'thread
listener' or something like this where I can add a 'RemovealTimeObject'
which will be called if the removal time is reached. But I am not sure
wether or not this is the correct attempt at least .

Does anybody have an idea about how to realize a timer for the servlet
cache?

Thanks in advance
John

Wendy Smoak

within a struts webapp I actually have imlemented a web applicaiton
wide cache located in the servletContext.

Now I am looking for a solution how to provide an expiration mechanism.
I have searched the groups for topics like 'listener' or 'thread
listener' or something like this where I can add a 'RemovealTimeObject'
which will be called if the removal time is reached. But I am not sure
wether or not this is the correct attempt at least .

I don't think the fact that the cache is sitting in a Servlet context or
used in a Struts app really matters-- this is just a generic object cache.

Google turned up:
http://jocache.sourceforge.net/
http://www.vipan.com/htdocs/cachehelp.html

And Jakarta Commons Cache is still in the sandbox, but if you like this
implementation you could help push it towards a release.
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/cache/