    Some people favour using static action forms, others favour dynaActionForms.

    It will really be interesting and educating to have some decent discussion
    here.
    Joe Bloggs, Aug 1, 2003

  2. Joe Bloggs

    Sudsy Guest

    Joe Bloggs wrote:
    > Hi guys,
    >
    > I would like to hear from all the struts gurus their experience in either or
    > both of these type of Action forms, what their advantages and disadvantages
    > are. I am very interested to know any special techniques to reduce
    > developnment time, eg. having Base Action Forms which all the ActionForms
    > inherits from, or any special way of creating javabeans to hold dynamic
    > forms values, etc.
    >
    > Some people favour using static action forms, others favour dynaActionForms.
    >
    > It will really be interesting and educating to have some decent discussion
    > here.

    Quite frankly, I'd love to be able to use DynaActionForm and its
    sub-classes all the time. Especially the DynaValidatorForm. It makes
    form validation SO much simpler. Unfortunately, when you start dealing
    with more complex objects and interactions, it's not always possible.
    As with most things computer, one size doesn't fit all.
    Sudsy, Aug 3, 2003