Struts Static Action Form vs Dyanamic Action Form

Joe Bloggs

Hi guys,

I would like to hear from all the struts gurus their experience in either or
both of these type of Action forms, what their advantages and disadvantages
are. I am very interested to know any special techniques to reduce
developnment time, eg. having Base Action Forms which all the ActionForms
inherits from, or any special way of creating javabeans to hold dynamic
forms values, etc.

Some people favour using static action forms, others favour dynaActionForms.

It will really be interesting and educating to have some decent discussion
here.

Sudsy

Joe said:
Hi guys,

I would like to hear from all the struts gurus their experience in either or
both of these type of Action forms, what their advantages and disadvantages
are. I am very interested to know any special techniques to reduce
developnment time, eg. having Base Action Forms which all the ActionForms
inherits from, or any special way of creating javabeans to hold dynamic
forms values, etc.

Some people favour using static action forms, others favour dynaActionForms.

It will really be interesting and educating to have some decent discussion
here.

Quite frankly, I'd love to be able to use DynaActionForm and its
sub-classes all the time. Especially the DynaValidatorForm. It makes
form validation SO much simpler. Unfortunately, when you start dealing
with more complex objects and interactions, it's not always possible.
As with most things computer, one size doesn't fit all.