    eclipse plugin for Struts. How about Spring?

    Thanks,
    --Anna
    Anna Smith, Apr 24, 2004

  2. Anna Smith

    Dmitry R Guest

    Are you restricted only selection from this two frameworks? Why I 'm
    asking because neither is good in my opinion. I need also to know a
    bit more about your project. What type of page you need to generate,
    how big they, are they form, or report like, user authentication m
    echanism and so on. I'd recommend to look in Tapestry.

    Dmitry R, Apr 24, 2004

  3. Anna Smith

    Sudsy Guest

    Anna Smith wrote:
    > Im debating which framework to choose for my next project. I will not
    > be using EJB if that makes any difference. Having no experience in
    > either, which has more developer adoption. I know that they have a
    > eclipse plugin for Struts. How about Spring?

    Spring is coming! Finally!
    But seriously, Struts seems to have more buy-in than any other
    framework out there for MVC architectures. JavaServer Faces is
    a contender, especially since Craig McClanahan is a senior
    architect on that project. (Check his pedigree)
    Sudsy, Apr 25, 2004
  4. Anna Smith

    Jason Bell Guest

    Anna

    First of all before you do anything, look at the size of the project. If
    it's a small site then Struts, Spring and any other MVC framework are
    basically overkill for most needs.

    I've managed to steer away from dependency heavy frameworks by using my well
    developed plain old Java objects (POJO's).

    A Bean -> A Factory Manager -> A Data Access Object (DAO)

    Regards
    Jase

    Jason Bell, Apr 25, 2004
  5. Anna Smith

    J Guest

    On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 17:09:33 -0400, Dmitry R wrote
    (in message <>):

    > Are you restricted only selection from this two frameworks? Why I 'm
    > asking because neither is good in my opinion. I need also to know a
    > bit more about your project. What type of page you need to generate,
    > how big they, are they form, or report like, user authentication m
    > echanism and so on. I'd recommend to look in Tapestry.
    > (Anna Smith) wrote in message

    I agree with Tapestry. It is a simple way of looking at pages and dealing
    with java objects then other frameworks. Personally I like it better than
    Struts, but the learning curve is much higher. But once you get it, then
    creating pages get simpler and faster.

    J, Apr 27, 2004
  6. Anna Smith

    P.Hill Guest

    Jason Bell wrote:
    > I've managed to steer away from dependency heavy frameworks by using my well
    > developed plain old Java objects (POJO's).
    >
    > A Bean -> A Factory Manager -> A Data Access Object (DAO)

    This sounds like a good approach. I'd like to hear a little
    more about your particular version.

    It it the case that the bean appears to just have access methods,
    but it not only could hold data, it also can go out to factories
    to get DAOs which can be queiried by the Bean to provide the
    actual data. Is that a fair description or does all data come out
    of a factory which hide the DAOs, so beans just talk to
    Factory Manager as your arrows imply?

    A Bean -> A Factory Manager
    to get a Factory
    A Bean -> Factory
    to get a DAO
    A Bean -> DAO
    to get data.

    Is the DAO a singleton?

    -Paul
    P.Hill, Apr 27, 2004
  7. Anna Smith

    stive_deivis

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2008
    Messages:
    4
    why you wreiting about a old framework.I want to writing about a new j2ee framework

    hello.
    I am stive deivis.I am a java Architector.I see a document about a new J2EE FRAMEWORK with name shine.
    that`s support team say :
    this frame work is a powerful framework with easyest way to use.
    they say: shine include MVA,Service Oriented Scope,Jwms(java web model service) and ...

    I thirsty for what is JWMS? and I want to know his FRAMEWORK how support SERVICE ORIENTED SCOPE?

    this questions Intrested me about attaining more information about shine framework.
    when I searching about shine in internet and sourceforge.net,I sow sevral document about that
    ,but one of them was more intresting for me ,that was Learning shine Frame work.
    I can`t remember exactly but I think that writen via SHINE FRAMEWORK`s supprt team.

    this document have a SIMPLE HELLO WORD project that Implemented with shine framework.

    it`s realy intrest for me.
    when I read it and try to deploy that sample with shine ,I understand that I find my favorite framework for
    Implementing my J2EE projects.

    but I can`t use it now.because of shine is not yet reliable because it`s new and untried.

    but I thing this framework will be one of powerfull J2EE FRAMEWORKs as soon as soon.maybe shine
    is the best J2EE Framework in near FUTURE.

    this framework is very intrested for me and I write this document for all developers that want to find
    a powerfull J2EE framewok for his/her projects.

    I say All of my information about shine to you.
    please if you finde a new document about shine or other new J2EE framework send it to my email for me.
    I will happy when I see new information about shine or other new J2EE frameworks.

    shines framework Address in sourceforge.net is:
    sourceforge.net/search/?type_of_search=soft&words=shine

    I find this information in this Address:
    j2sos.org in technical forum

    you can finde shine`s learning in J2sos.org

    if you find a new post or document about shine please share it with me.
    good lock.
    your friend: stive deivise
    stive_deivis, Dec 2, 2008