    distributing the digester.jar with my application?

    Thanks for a hint,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian Millies, May 28, 2004

  2. Sebastian Millies

    Murray Guest

    "Sebastian Millies" <> wrote in
    message news:40b7521b$0$281$...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm using a subclass of the standard controller servlet class
    > in my Struts1.1 web app.
    >
    > I have to include the commons digester library in my web app
    > to avoid a "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
    > org/apache/commons/digester/RuleSet"
    > when loading the servlet.
    >
    > This should be unnecessary - after all, the servlet declaration
    > in the web.xml file is telling Tomcat where to look for the class.
    > I must be overlooking something. How can I avoid
    > distributing the digester.jar with my application?
    >
    > Thanks for a hint,
    > Sebastian

    Struts requires Commons Digester to run. It uses it for parsing the XML
    config files. Unless you've overridden the initialisation methods in your
    subclass and are using something other than Digester, the package will still
    be required. I was under the impression that most of the other commons jars
    included with Struts were required if you want to use the full
    functionality.
    Murray, May 28, 2004