Study material for logic design

salah.kazi

Hi All Verilog users:

I am trying to find some study material to cover the basics of logic
design. Actually I am preparing for an interview. Can anyone of you
point to me some material online or forward me any documents that you
have in some of the topics of logic design i.e.

- Timing issues with a logic delay block sandwiched between two flip
flops etc
- Setup and hold time concepts and formulas
- Metastability etc
- General timing issues and faced in logic design synthesis

Your feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Salah
salah.kazi @ gmail . com
(e-mail address removed)

Charles, NG

One good paper which summarises many important issues is the actel HDL
coding guide under
http://www.actel.com/documents/hdlcode_ug.pdf

I don't remember it doing much on metastability but that's easy enough
to google for. If you have access to a library, one of the best sources
I am aware of is the chapter in "High Speed Digital Design" by Johnson &
Graham.

Good luck in the interview.