    kind of pragrams should be practicised for that ?
    Thanks and cheers
    Madhura

    madhura, Dec 20, 2005

  2. madhura

    Stefan Krah Guest

    * madhura <> wrote:
    > Hi all
    > I am new to this group.Please suggest me study material for c, also
    > exercise material like examples on finding output, programs for
    > beginners like me. How one can improve logic for writing c code.What
    > kind of pragrams should be practicised for that ?
    > Thanks and cheers

    This should get you started:

    http://users.powernet.co.uk/eton/clc/cbooks.html

    Stefan Krah

    --
    Break original Enigma messages: http://www.bytereef.org/m4_project.html

    Stefan Krah, Dec 20, 2005

  3. madhura

    madhura Guest

    thanks stefan

    madhura, Dec 20, 2005
  4. madhura

    Chuck F. Guest

    madhura wrote:

    > I am new to this group. Please suggest me study material for c,
    > also exercise material like examples on finding output, programs
    > for beginners like me. How one can improve logic for writing c
    > code.What kind of pragrams should be practicised for that ?

    This is Usenet, not a 'group', although the term newsgroup is
    acceptable. "The C Programming Language", by Kernighan and
    Ritchie, should do all you wish. You can fill some areas out via
    the references below.

    --
    Some useful references about C:
    <http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/top.html>

    Chuck F., Dec 20, 2005
  5. madhura

    pete Guest

    Chuck F. wrote:

    > madhura wrote:
    > >
    > > I am new to this group. Please suggest me study material for c,
    > > also exercise material like examples on finding output, programs
    > > for beginners like me. How one can improve logic for writing c
    > > code.What kind of pragrams should be practicised for that ?

    > This is Usenet, not a 'group', although the term newsgroup is
    > acceptable. "The C Programming Language", by Kernighan and
    > Ritchie, should do all you wish.

    Don't forget the errata:
    http://cm.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/cbook/2ediffs.html

    --
    pete

    pete, Dec 20, 2005
  6. madhura

    Jordan Abel Guest

    On 2005-12-20, Chuck F. <> wrote:
    > This is Usenet, not a 'group', although the term newsgroup is
    > acceptable.

    As is the term group, as an abbreviation for newgroup. You just don't
    like "google group" - it's worth pointing out, however, that he didn't
    _say_ "google group".

    Jordan Abel, Dec 20, 2005
  7. madhura

    Malcolm Guest

    "madhura" <> wrote
    > I am new to this group.Please suggest me study material for c, also
    > exercise material like examples on finding output, programs for
    > beginners like me. How one can improve logic for writing c code.What
    > kind of pragrams should be practicised for that ?
    > Thanks and cheers
    > Madhura

    Write a game.
    The problem with a lot of beginner's exercises is that they are extremly
    boring, and totally unrealistic (eg a payroll program).

    However you can code something that is fun to play with a minimum of
    knowledge. "Matermind" (guess the pattern from clues) is a good one.

    Malcolm, Dec 20, 2005
  8. Stefan Krah said:

    > * madhura <> wrote:
    >> Hi all
    >> I am new to this group.Please suggest me study material for c, also
    >> exercise material like examples on finding output, programs for
    >> beginners like me. How one can improve logic for writing c code.What
    >> kind of pragrams should be practicised for that ?
    >> Thanks and cheers

    > This should get you started:
    >
    > http://users.powernet.co.uk/eton/clc/cbooks.html

    That's a very old account, which might disappear at any moment; I haven't
    had write access to it for a long time.

    Nowadays, I maintain a (better) C resources list at:

    http://www.cpax.org.uk/prg/portable/c/resources.php

    --
    Richard Heathfield
    "Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999

    Richard Heathfield, Dec 21, 2005