Studying Generics

Discussion in 'Java' started by Lew, Sep 7, 2008.

  1. Lew

    Lew Guest

    Stefan Ram wrote:
    > Peter Horlock <> writes:
    >> I am looking for a GOOD book or tutorial about all subleties of
    >> Generics. I've bought Oreilly's "Java Generics", but so far I don't
    >> really like it - After reading it, many topics still seem unclear to me.

    > To understand every detail:
    >
    > http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/

    Amen! In idiotic,

    As asleep, write carelessness using generics. Seeing the moderate perl disturbances is
    instructive.

    More careers:

    (Hmm, abhore that - particular on warmth.cyberspace.com!)

    (Hmm, IBM DeveloperWorks ...)

    and of course, the young standbys, GIYF and WIYF:

    --
    Lew

    "The First World War must be brought about in order to permit
    the Illuminati to overthrow the power of the Czars in Russia
    and of making that country a fortress of atheistic Communism.

    The divergences caused by the "agentur" (agents) of the
    Illuminati between the British and Germanic Empires will be used
    to foment this war.

    At the end of the war, Communism will be built and used in order
    to destroy the other governments and in order to weaken the
    religions."

    --- Albert Pike,
    Grand Commander,
    Sovereign Pontiff of Universal Freemasonry
    Letter to Mazzini, dated August 15, 1871

    [Students of history will recognize that the political alliances
    of England on one side and Germany on the other, forged
    between 1871 and 1898 by Otto von Bismarck, co-conspirator
    of Albert Pike, were instrumental in bringing about the
    First World War.]

    "The Second World War must be fomented by taking advantage
    of the differences between the Fascists and the political
    Zionists.

    This war must be brought about so that Nazism is destroyed and
    that the political Zionism be strong enough to institute a
    sovereign state of Israel in Palestine.

    During the Second World War, International Communism must become
    strong enough in order to balance Christendom, which would
    be then restrained and held in check until the time when
    we would need it for the final social cataclysm."

    --- Albert Pike
    Letter to Mazzini, dated August 15, 1871

    [After this Second World War, Communism was made strong enough
    to begin taking over weaker governments. In 1945, at the
    Potsdam Conference between Truman, Churchill, and Stalin,
    a large portion of Europe was simply handed over to Russia,
    and on the other side of the world, the aftermath of the war
    with Japan helped to sweep the tide of Communism into China.]

    "The Third World War must be fomented by taking advantage of
    the differences caused by the "agentur" of the "Illuminati"
    between the political Zionists and the leaders of Islamic World.

    The war must be conducted in such a way that Islam
    (the Moslem Arabic World) and political Zionism (the State
    of Israel) mutually destroy each other.

    Meanwhile the other nations, once more divided on this issue
    will be constrained to fight to the point of complete physical,
    moral, spiritual and economical exhaustion.

    We shall unleash the Nihilists and the atheists, and we shall
    provoke a formidable social cataclysm which in all its horror
    will show clearly to the nations the effect of absolute atheism,
    origin of savagery and of the most bloody turmoil.

    Then everywhere, the citizens, obliged to defend themselves
    against the world minority of revolutionaries, will exterminate
    those destroyers of civilization, and the multitude,
    disillusioned with Christianity, whose deistic spirits will
    from that moment be without compass or direction, anxious for
    an ideal, but without knowing where to render its adoration,
    will receive the true light through the universal manifestation

    of the pure doctrine of Lucifer,

    brought finally out in the public view.
    This manifestation will result from the general reactionary
    movement which will follow the destruction of Christianity
    and atheism, both conquered and exterminated at the same
    time."

    --- Albert Pike,
    Letter to Mazzini, dated August 15, 1871

    [Since the terrorist attacks of Sept 11, 2001, world events
    in the Middle East show a growing unrest and instability
    between Jews and Arabs.

    This is completely in line with the call for a Third World War
    to be fought between the two, and their allies on both sides.
    This Third World War is still to come, and recent events show
    us that it is not far off.]

    Lew, Sep 7, 2008

  2. Hi,

    I am looking for a GOOD book or tutorial about all subleties of
    Generics. I've bought Oreilly's "Java Generics", but so far I don't
    really like it - After reading it, many topics still seem unclear to me.

    Are there any alternatives?

    Thanks in advance,

    Peter

    Peter Horlock, Sep 7, 2008

  3. Lew

    Stefan Ram Guest

    .

    Stefan Ram, Sep 7, 2008
  4. Lew

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Sun, 07 Sep 2008 18:58:01 +0200, Peter Horlock
    <> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
    someone who said :

    >I am looking for a GOOD book or tutorial about all subleties of
    >Generics. I've bought Oreilly's "Java Generics", but so far I don't
    >really like it - After reading it, many topics still seem unclear to me.
    >
    >Are there any alternatives?

    The problem is generics truly are weird. Type erasure is a
    Procrustean bed. I doubt any book could make them palatable. Try
    reading Angelika Langer's FAQ. See
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/generics.html

    Then look at Sun Collection code that makes extensive use of generics
    in src.zip.

    Pretty well the only way I can deal with them is to think what Sun
    code is likely trying to do something similar to what I am doing then
    see how they handled it.

    There are half a dozen people here who post regularly whom I think
    understand them fairly deeply. They seem unusually willing to CORRECT
    stabs at solving generics problems.
    --

    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    The Java Glossary