Stumped...

shland

I hope someone can help me figure this out... I have two different pages in
my web app that use this line:

Response.Redirect("review.aspx");

This line is executed in response to a button click, and after I save some
data to session variables. On my local machine, both pages work just fine.
When I uploaded the pages to test at my web host, only one of them works.
On the page that doesn't work, the browser window just goes blank, as if
waiting for the data from the server. The browser address bar still has the
original address in it, not the "redirect" address.

If I comment out this line, then it works fine (except, of course, that the
page just reloads, and doesn't do the redirect). But it doesn't hang. But
as soon as I put this line back in, the page hangs. I've copied the line
from the "working" page, just to make sure there weren't any funky
characters that I couldn't see - although it was compiling just fine, so
that wasn't likely a problem.

Any ideas for what to try? I put in some trace statements, but as I'm not
getting anything from the server, as I said before, the browser window just
goes blank and I don't get to see any trace statements. Since it doesn't
hang with this line commented out, I have to assume this is the problem
spot.

Is there another technique I can use to move the visitor to the next page?

Thanks in advance,
Sheryl

Ashish M Bhonkiya

Hi shland,

how did u deployed those pages on the webhost ?
try copying the dlls from the projects bin folder to your webhost as well
along with the pages.

Regards
Ashish M Bhonkiya