    Long story short, I have a class library that needs to read a config file
    which contains the url to a web service.

    Any ideas?
    =?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZSBU?=, Aug 9, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZSBU?=

    Egghead Guest

    It is in your app.conf, and what is wrong with change the url with the
    source code.

    --
    cheers,
    RL

    Egghead, Aug 10, 2007

  3. Thanks Egghead.

    At design time I need to read it from something in a class library project
    (the typed data set insists on it), but the flaming designer doesn't put it
    in an app.config) while at run-time it needs to be read from a web.config. I
    don't know enough about these new ways of getting settings.

    Anyway, I think it's the "forest for the trees effect" ... I think I'm going
    to let the designer put it wherever it wants and I'll put the settings in an
    XML file that I can put any place I want and read it any way I want.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZSBU?=, Aug 10, 2007