Stupid Question

Dave T

I have a business logic web service that references an object library. No
problem there. This object library needs to reference a data access web
service. If I add a web reference to the DAL web service and set the URL
behavior to dynamic, all the settings are stored in the designer vb code. I
can't seem to find a way to set everything up so that the address of the
referenced web service can be edited in some config file.

Long story short, I have a class library that needs to read a config file
which contains the url to a web service.

Any ideas?

Egghead

It is in your app.conf, and what is wrong with change the url with the
source code.

Dave T

Thanks Egghead.

At design time I need to read it from something in a class library project
(the typed data set insists on it), but the flaming designer doesn't put it
in an app.config) while at run-time it needs to be read from a web.config. I
don't know enough about these new ways of getting settings.

Anyway, I think it's the "forest for the trees effect" ... I think I'm going
to let the designer put it wherever it wants and I'll put the settings in an
XML file that I can put any place I want and read it any way I want.