    There has to be a way! I can find documentation on applying url builders
    and file dialogs, etc, but not the elusive style-builder!

    Help!!!!

    Joe Stampf, Feb 12, 2004

  2. Joe Stampf

    CMA Guest

    do u need a style builder or how to assign a css to controls..???

    to create a css easily u can use VS.NET IDE and make the CSS there. it is
    much easier...

    to apply css to ur controls, u have to link the css to pages.
    in the page header include this.

    <LINK href="stylesheet/ILearn.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet">

    it should within <head>

    then think this is sample from css...

    ..Body
    {
    FONT-SIZE: 12px;
    BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff;
    FONT-FAMILY: Arial;
    margin-bottom: 0;
    margin-left: 0;
    margin-right: 0;
    margin-top: 0;
    }

    then assign cssclass or css of the web button or control...
    button1.cssclass = "Body";

    Note: just type "Body" in design time.

    hope this helps,
    CMA

    "Joe Stampf" <> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know how to apply the (css) style-builder designer to my

    custom

    CMA, Feb 12, 2004

  3. Joe Stampf

    Joe Stampf Guest

    Well, I was talking about something rather different, actually, I should
    have made it a bit more clear.

    On my own custom web control, I have a property (lets call it ReadOnly
    Property JoeStyle as CSSStyleCollection) - there is a way to add an
    EditorAttribute attribute to the property to cause a certain gui designer to
    pop up in the IDE to graphically let you construct the value of the
    property. As you mentioned, the CSS StyleBuilder is the one I'm after.

    There are several stock designers, if you look at the ones derived from
    UITypeDesigner class (in System.Drawing.Design), such as...

    System.ComponentModel.Design.CollectionEditor
    System.Drawing.Design.FontEditor
    System.Drawing.Design.ImageEditor
    System.Web.UI.Design.DataBindingCollectionEditor
    System.Web.UI.Design.UrlEditor
    System.Web.UI.Design.WebControls.DataGridColumnCollectionEditor
    System.Web.UI.Design.WebControls.RegexTypeEditor
    System.Web.UI.Design.XmlFileEditor
    System.Windows.Forms.Design.AnchorEditor
    System.Windows.Forms.Design.FileNameEditor

    But I have not been able to find how to apply the really nice stock css
    stylebuilder designer to my own style property (I thought it would just work
    by default based on the property return type, but no such luck!)- or even
    locate the stylebuilder designer object!

    Thanks for your input, though.

    Joe Stampf, Feb 12, 2004