    devopling anymore.

    Thanks

    Phil
    Philipp Kraus, Jan 1, 2013

  2. Philipp Kraus

    Ian Collins Guest

    Philipp Kraus wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have got a project written in C++ and I need a "style guide" checker
    > which can be used by SVN or Git hooks. I would like to add also custom
    > rules.
    > The checker must be run under Linux, OSX and Windows and I preferre a
    > GPL or similar licence.
    >
    > Does anybody know a good tool? I have found Vera++ but it is not under
    > devopling anymore.

    Why do you need a tool? Just setup your editor to match the required
    guidelines.

    --
    Ian Collins
    Ian Collins, Jan 4, 2013

  3. Philipp Kraus

    Jorgen Grahn Guest

    On Fri, 2013-01-04, Ian Collins wrote:
    > Philipp Kraus wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I have got a project written in C++ and I need a "style guide" checker
    >> which can be used by SVN or Git hooks. I would like to add also custom
    >> rules.
    >> The checker must be run under Linux, OSX and Windows and I preferre a
    >> GPL or similar licence.
    >>
    >> Does anybody know a good tool? I have found Vera++ but it is not under
    >> devopling anymore.

    > Why do you need a tool? Just setup your editor to match the required
    > guidelines.

    I get the feeling his "style guide" covers more than what an editor
    can. Exactly *what* he expects is hard to tell -- it could be
    anything from whitespace-related things to naming schemes to
    spellchecking of comments.

    We are going to use Uncrustify as a commit hook for C code here, but
    we haven't started yet so I don't know how well it will turn out. It's
    supposedly very configurable. We'll use it for pure whitespace/
    indentation issues.

    (I would have preferred editor settings + written rules + human
    feedback in review, but I was outvoted.)

    /Jorgen

    --
    // Jorgen Grahn <grahn@ Oo o. . .
    \X/ snipabacken.se> O o .
    Jorgen Grahn, Jan 4, 2013
  4. Philipp Kraus

    Bertwim Guest

    You could try 'uncrustify' It is excellent.

    http://uncrustify.sourceforge.net/

    Regards,
    Bertwim

    Bertwim, Jan 5, 2013