    Any solutions...?

    greetings
    ojorus
    ojorus, Oct 3, 2006

  2. ojorus

    Ben C Guest

    On 2006-10-03, ojorus <> wrote:
    > Hi!
    > I've spent quite some time trying to figure out a solution on this, but with
    > no success so far...
    > I simply want to remove all borders on a input-element, and I use this code
    > now:
    >
    ><input type="text" name="email" border="0" style="height: 16px; left: 539px;
    > position: absolute; top: 172px; width: 129px; border:none;
    > border-color:#FFFFFF; border-style:hidden; outline-style:hidden; z-index:2;
    > border: 0px; " />
    >
    > This wokrs fine in IE, Opera, Firefox and even Netscape, but in Safari the
    > border will simply not dissapear.
    > Any solutions...?

    I don't think there are (besides just "tolerate the border" :). See
    recent threads about styling buttons-- up to a point the UA draws UI
    widgets how it wants, in a way appropriate to the overall desktop theme
    of the computer.
    Ben C, Oct 3, 2006

  3. On Tue, 03 Oct 2006 09:42:08 -0500, Ben C <> let this
    slip:

    > On 2006-10-03, ojorus <> wrote:
    >> Hi!
    >> I've spent quite some time trying to figure out a solution on this, but with
    >> no success so far...
    >> I simply want to remove all borders on a input-element, and I use this code
    >> now:
    >>
    >><input type="text" name="email" border="0" style="height: 16px; left: 539px;
    >> position: absolute; top: 172px; width: 129px; border:none;
    >> border-color:#FFFFFF; border-style:hidden; outline-style:hidden; z-index:2;
    >> border: 0px; " />
    >>
    >> This wokrs fine in IE, Opera, Firefox and even Netscape, but in Safari the
    >> border will simply not dissapear.
    >> Any solutions...?

    > I don't think there are (besides just "tolerate the border" :). See
    > recent threads about styling buttons-- up to a point the UA draws UI
    > widgets how it wants, in a way appropriate to the overall desktop theme
    > of the computer.

    KHTML-based browsers draw widgets with the native toolkit: Qt for
    Konqueror and Aqua for Safari; Gecko-based browsers draw them themselves,
    usually as ugly windows95-style boxes.
    IE and Opera are probably hybrid forms, as they draw with the native
    toolkit in most cases AFAIK.

    --
    Thomas Jollans alias free-zombie
    Thomas Jollans, Oct 3, 2006
  4. Scripsit Ben C:

    >> This wokrs fine in IE, Opera, Firefox and even Netscape, but in
    >> Safari the border will simply not dissapear.
    >> Any solutions...?

    > I don't think there are (besides just "tolerate the border" :).

    Let's hope so, i.e. that there is no way to make the problem of disappearing
    border appear on Safari, too. At least Safari users see the input box as an
    input box and won't get misled so easily.

    --
    Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Oct 3, 2006