STYLE problem in SAFARI

ojorus

Hi!
I've spent quite some time trying to figure out a solution on this, but with
no success so far...
I simply want to remove all borders on a input-element, and I use this code
now:

<input type="text" name="email" border="0" style="height: 16px; left: 539px;
position: absolute; top: 172px; width: 129px; border:none;
border-color:#FFFFFF; border-style:hidden; outline-style:hidden; z-index:2;
border: 0px; " />

This wokrs fine in IE, Opera, Firefox and even Netscape, but in Safari the
border will simply not dissapear.
Any solutions...?

greetings
ojorus

Ben C

Hi!
I've spent quite some time trying to figure out a solution on this, but with
no success so far...
I simply want to remove all borders on a input-element, and I use this code
now:

<input type="text" name="email" border="0" style="height: 16px; left: 539px;
position: absolute; top: 172px; width: 129px; border:none;
border-color:#FFFFFF; border-style:hidden; outline-style:hidden; z-index:2;
border: 0px; " />

This wokrs fine in IE, Opera, Firefox and even Netscape, but in Safari the
border will simply not dissapear.
Any solutions...?

I don't think there are (besides just "tolerate the border" :). See
recent threads about styling buttons-- up to a point the UA draws UI
widgets how it wants, in a way appropriate to the overall desktop theme
of the computer.

Thomas Jollans

I don't think there are (besides just "tolerate the border" :). See
recent threads about styling buttons-- up to a point the UA draws UI
widgets how it wants, in a way appropriate to the overall desktop theme
of the computer.

KHTML-based browsers draw widgets with the native toolkit: Qt for
Konqueror and Aqua for Safari; Gecko-based browsers draw them themselves,
usually as ugly windows95-style boxes.
IE and Opera are probably hybrid forms, as they draw with the native
toolkit in most cases AFAIK.

Jukka K. Korpela

Scripsit Ben C:
I don't think there are (besides just "tolerate the border" :).

Let's hope so, i.e. that there is no way to make the problem of disappearing
border appear on Safari, too. At least Safari users see the input box as an
input box and won't get misled so easily.