    understand how they did it... I think it was using JS...
    Can someone please help me?
    Ofir.

    ofiras, Sep 23, 2007

  2. Scripsit ofiras:

    > Hello everyone,

    Please don't use the "iso-8859-8-i" encoding in international newsgroups. It
    helps nothing, and it confuses some newsreaders into thinking they need to
    download Hebrew support, or something.

    > I always wanted to know how to make cool things like transparency bg
    > colors for tables and stuff,

    But dared to ask? Fine.

    > But more important - how can I take a picture in any size, and put it
    > as background in the size of the user's screen (that doesn't change if
    > the window is smaller)...

    Simple. You cannot. (But you can do some damage in trying to do it. So just
    don't, mm'kay?)

    > I saw all those things on http://thevistaforums.com/, and I couldn't
    > understand how they did it...

    They don't. They probably have just a huge background image, wasting
    bandwidth - not resized, but of course so that you only see the part that
    fits into your browser window. Thanks for the heads-up.

    --
    Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Sep 23, 2007

  3. ofiras

    Bergamot Guest

    ofiras wrote:
    > how can I take a picture in any size, and put it
    > as background in the size of the user's screen

    There is no standard html or css that can do this, at least not at this
    time. I don't know if it's possible with JavaScript, but why not ask in
    a JavaScript group? comp.lang.javascript is over there ->

    --
    Berg

    Bergamot, Sep 23, 2007
  4. ofiras

    Dave Kelly Guest

    ofiras wrote:
    > Hello everyone,
    > I always wanted to know how to make cool things like transparency bg
    > colors for tables and stuff,
    > But more important - how can I take a picture in any size, and put it
    > as background in the size of the user's screen (that doesn't change if
    > the window is smaller)...
    > I saw all those things on http://thevistaforums.com/, and I couldn't
    > understand how they did it... I think it was using JS...
    > Can someone please help me?
    > Ofir.

    I have ask these questions recently. A lot of the information I needed
    was at W3C.com.

    Dave

    --
    A little rum in the morning coffee. Just to clear the cobwebs, ya know.

    Dave Kelly, Sep 23, 2007
  5. ofiras

    ofiras Guest

    Hello again and thank you all.

    I'm sorry if I used "iso-8859-8-i" encoding, but I don't think I did,
    and if so, I don't know how to change it, mine is "Unicode (UTF-8)"
    and it looks the same to what you are using.
    In the vista forums I saw that there are transparencies BG's for
    tables, and if you didn't, check. If I scroll down, the background
    image moves too, so I can see that throw the transparency colors the
    change.
    The image size is huge (1600X1200) but I saw that it doesn't seem to
    change when I'm changing the resolution, and I don't see it in the
    I saw that they have a lot of JS's, and one of that seemed to have
    something with the BG image, but I wasn't sure.
    I wanted to know if there might be something with no JS to do it, but
    if not, I assume that a lot of people, who use html a lot, use JS
    because it's very helpful in html.
    I will ask in JS group too and see if they can help me.

    Thanks,
    Ofir.

    ofiras, Sep 24, 2007
  6. ofiras

    JL Guest

    ofiras wrote:
    > Hello everyone,
    > I always wanted to know how to make cool things like transparency bg
    > colors for tables and stuff,
    > But more important - how can I take a picture in any size, and put it
    > as background in the size of the user's screen (that doesn't change if
    > the window is smaller)...
    > I saw all those things on http://thevistaforums.com/, and I couldn't
    > understand how they did it... I think it was using JS...
    > Can someone please help me?

    You mean the top banner? They're using an image format that allows true
    transparency -- PNG with alpha transparency. The JS would be to get this
    to work in IE 6, which doesn't properly render PNG alpha transparency.
    I'm not sure about IE7.

    JL, Sep 30, 2007