Style problem...

ofiras

Hello everyone,
I always wanted to know how to make cool things like transparency bg
colors for tables and stuff,
But more important - how can I take a picture in any size, and put it
as background in the size of the user's screen (that doesn't change if
the window is smaller)...
I saw all those things on http://thevistaforums.com/, and I couldn't
understand how they did it... I think it was using JS...
Can someone please help me?
Ofir.

Jukka K. Korpela

Scripsit ofiras:
Hello everyone,

Please don't use the "iso-8859-8-i" encoding in international newsgroups. It
helps nothing, and it confuses some newsreaders into thinking they need to
download Hebrew support, or something.
I always wanted to know how to make cool things like transparency bg
colors for tables and stuff,

But dared to ask? Fine.
But more important - how can I take a picture in any size, and put it
as background in the size of the user's screen (that doesn't change if
the window is smaller)...

Simple. You cannot. (But you can do some damage in trying to do it. So just
don't, mm'kay?)
I saw all those things on http://thevistaforums.com/, and I couldn't
understand how they did it...

They don't. They probably have just a huge background image, wasting
bandwidth - not resized, but of course so that you only see the part that
fits into your browser window. Thanks for the heads-up.

Bergamot

ofiras said:
how can I take a picture in any size, and put it
as background in the size of the user's screen

There is no standard html or css that can do this, at least not at this
time. I don't know if it's possible with JavaScript, but why not ask in
a JavaScript group? comp.lang.javascript is over there ->

Dave Kelly

ofiras said:
Hello everyone,
I always wanted to know how to make cool things like transparency bg
colors for tables and stuff,
But more important - how can I take a picture in any size, and put it
as background in the size of the user's screen (that doesn't change if
the window is smaller)...
I saw all those things on http://thevistaforums.com/, and I couldn't
understand how they did it... I think it was using JS...
Can someone please help me?
Ofir.
I have ask these questions recently. A lot of the information I needed
was at W3C.com.

Dave

ofiras

Hello again and thank you all.

I'm sorry if I used "iso-8859-8-i" encoding, but I don't think I did,
and if so, I don't know how to change it, mine is "Unicode (UTF-8)"
and it looks the same to what you are using.
In the vista forums I saw that there are transparencies BG's for
tables, and if you didn't, check. If I scroll down, the background
image moves too, so I can see that throw the transparency colors the
change.
The image size is huge (1600X1200) but I saw that it doesn't seem to
change when I'm changing the resolution, and I don't see it in the
I saw that they have a lot of JS's, and one of that seemed to have
something with the BG image, but I wasn't sure.
I wanted to know if there might be something with no JS to do it, but
if not, I assume that a lot of people, who use html a lot, use JS
because it's very helpful in html.
I will ask in JS group too and see if they can help me.

Thanks,
Ofir.

JL

ofiras said:
Hello everyone,
I always wanted to know how to make cool things like transparency bg
colors for tables and stuff,
But more important - how can I take a picture in any size, and put it
as background in the size of the user's screen (that doesn't change if
the window is smaller)...
I saw all those things on http://thevistaforums.com/, and I couldn't
understand how they did it... I think it was using JS...
Can someone please help me?

You mean the top banner? They're using an image format that allows true
transparency -- PNG with alpha transparency. The JS would be to get this
to work in IE 6, which doesn't properly render PNG alpha transparency.
I'm not sure about IE7.