style sheet and images is specific to installation

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jon Paugh, Jan 5, 2004.

  1. Jon Paugh

    Jon Paugh Guest

    Hi,

    Our ASP.NET app has multiple installations. Each
    installation is for a different customer. Each customer
    has their own style sheet and images. Ideally a given
    installation would not have the style sheet and images for
    other installations on the production server (only
    required contents should be present).

    How would we customize the application?

    1) Would we have resource files containing the images and
    hack the CultureInfo by creating a fake culture for each
    customer?
    2) Is there a way to put together the setup and deployment
    projects to include only appropriate resources?
    3) Is there another way to customize the appropriate
    installation without hacking the cultureinfo?
    4) How do we (should we) create an installation file that
    is specific to a given customer/installation. We would
    only want to include the images and style sheet for a
    single customer in a given installation.

    Thanks,

    Jon Paugh
    Jon Paugh, Jan 5, 2004

  2. Jon Paugh wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Our ASP.NET app has multiple installations. Each
    > installation is for a different customer. Each customer
    > has their own style sheet and images. Ideally a given
    > installation would not have the style sheet and images for
    > other installations on the production server (only
    > required contents should be present).
    >
    > How would we customize the application?

    Assuming this is valid (i.e. you are installing it on your client's PCs)
    I'd write a custom deployment app in VS.NET (customize the default one
    you get). In it, basically have a screen where you select which client
    you are installing for (perhaps a dropdown). The installer then decides
    which files to include/exclude.

    Here's one article that gives an intro:
    http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/Code/2003/Dec/CustomInstallMG.asp

    and some other articles: