    same page with IE5/6, they are not centered. It would be nice if
    anyone could find out why.

    thanks in advance

    AC, Apr 5, 2004

  2. AC

    mscir Guest

    AC wrote:

    > https://www.regnow.com/softsell/nph-softsell.cgi?item=3045-9
    > If you watch this page with NC 6/7.x the headers "Product Information"
    > and "Delivery" are centered correctly (vertical). But if you watch the
    > same page with IE5/6, they are not centered. It would be nice if
    > anyone could find out why.
    >
    > thanks in advance

    It seems like nesting the <H1> causes the problem.

    Instead of this:

    <TD colSpan=2>
    <FONT color=#d7b300><H1>Product Information</H1></FONT>
    </TD>

    I'd use something like this:

    <TD class="td1">
    <FONT color=#d7b300>Order Information</FONT>
    </TD>

    td.td1 {
    FONT-SIZE: 20px;
    FONT-DECORATION: bold;
    FONT-FAMILY: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif
    }

    Mike

    mscir, Apr 5, 2004

  3. AC

    mscir Guest

    mscir wrote:
    > AC wrote:
    >> https://www.regnow.com/softsell/nph-softsell.cgi?item=3045-9
    >> If you watch this page with NC 6/7.x the headers "Product Information"
    >> and "Delivery" are centered correctly (vertical). But if you watch the
    >> same page with IE5/6, they are not centered. It would be nice if
    >> anyone could find out why.
    >>
    >> thanks in advance

    > It seems like nesting the <H1> causes the problem.
    >
    > Instead of this:
    >
    > <TD colSpan=2>
    > <FONT color=#d7b300><H1>Product Information</H1></FONT>
    > </TD>
    >
    > I'd use something like this:
    >
    > <TD class="td1">
    > <FONT color=#d7b300>Order Information</FONT>
    > </TD>
    >
    > td.td1 {
    > FONT-SIZE: 20px;
    > FONT-DECORATION: bold;
    > FONT-FAMILY: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif
    > }

    Sorry, that should have been:

    <TD class="td1">Product Information</TD>

    td.td1 {
    color: #D7B300;
    font-size: 22px;
    font-weight: bold;

    mscir, Apr 5, 2004
  4. AC

    brucie Guest

    in post: <news:>
    mscir <> said:

    >> I'd use something like this:
    >>
    >> <TD class="td1">
    >> <FONT color=#d7b300>Order Information</FONT>
    >> </TD>
    >>
    >> td.td1 {
    >> FONT-SIZE: 20px;
    >> FONT-DECORATION: bold;
    >> FONT-FAMILY: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif

    > Sorry, that should have been:
    >
    > <TD class="td1">Product Information</TD>
    >
    > td.td1 {
    > color: #D7B300;
    > font-size: 22px;
    > font-weight: bold;
    > font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;

    i know you did that deliberately so i'd spray coffee all over my
    keyboard.

    --
    b r u c i e

    brucie, Apr 5, 2004
  5. AC

    AC Guest

    I decided to use <font> tags instead of <h1>. But
    Any ideas why?

    AC, Apr 5, 2004
  6. AC

    Kris Guest

    In article <>,
    (AC) wrote:

    [don't top-post]

    > mscir <> wrote in message
    > > AC wrote:
    > >
    > > > https://www.regnow.com/softsell/nph-softsell.cgi?item=3045-9
    > > > If you watch this page with NC 6/7.x the headers "Product Information"
    > > > and "Delivery" are centered correctly (vertical). But if you watch the
    > > > same page with IE5/6, they are not centered. It would be nice if
    > > > anyone could find out why.
    > > >
    > > > thanks in advance

    > > It seems like nesting the <H1> causes the problem.
    > >
    > > Instead of this:
    > >
    > > <TD colSpan=2>
    > > <FONT color=#d7b300><H1>Product Information</H1></FONT>
    > > </TD>
    > >
    > > I'd use something like this:
    > >
    > > <TD class="td1">
    > > <FONT color=#d7b300>Order Information</FONT>
    > > </TD>
    > >
    > > td.td1 {
    > > FONT-SIZE: 20px;
    > > FONT-DECORATION: bold;
    > > FONT-FAMILY: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif
    > > }

    > I decided to use <font> tags instead of <h1>. But
    > Any ideas why?

    You are being misled.

    <h1>Product Information</h1>

    h1 {
    color: #d7b300;
    background: transparent;
    font-size: 14px;
    }

    It is better not to use tables for layout purposes, but it is likely
    that you are not at that level of experience yet. While you venture into
    CSS though, what you can start doing is not specify font-sizes in
    pixels. Use % or ems instead; people with defective browsers, like IE,
    can then still resize the font size to desired, legible proportions.

    --
    Kris
    <> (nl)

    Kris, Apr 5, 2004
  7. AC

    Spartanicus Guest

    Kris <> wrote:

    >[don't top-post]

    Please learn how to snip quotes before preaching the virtues of bottom
    posting, otherwise you are providing an argument against bottom posting.

    --
    Spartanicus

    Spartanicus, Apr 5, 2004
  8. AC

    Kris Guest

    In article
    <>,
    Spartanicus <> wrote:

    > >[don't top-post]

    > Please learn how to snip quotes before preaching the virtues of bottom
    > posting, otherwise you are providing an argument against bottom posting.

    Quoting the entire post was very relevant. Prove me guilty.

    --
    Kris
    <> (nl)

    Kris, Apr 5, 2004
  9. Kris wrote:

    > Quoting the entire post was very relevant. Prove me guilty.

    Your honour, I don't think the "thanks in advance" line was necessary for
    a thorough understanding of Kris' post.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby A Inkster, Apr 5, 2004