Style sheets and XML Strict

Guest

I'm using this doctype in my ASP.NET application:

The "old" way of referencing an external style sheet using <link....> is not
valid. At least I don't think it is. Can anyone tell me the correct way to
make that link? Thanks.

Dylan

Tampa.NET Koder

Did you close off your link tag. I don't know if its gonna make a difference

e.g < link href="." rel="stylesheet" />

Tampa.NET Koder

Also if you click on the link that you included with the DTD you will see a
section that looks like this:

<!ELEMENT link EMPTY>
<!ATTLIST link
%attrs;
charset %Charset; #IMPLIED
href %URI; #IMPLIED
hreflang %LanguageCode; #IMPLIED
type %ContentType; #IMPLIED
rel %LinkTypes; #IMPLIED
rev %LinkTypes; #IMPLIED
media %MediaDesc; #IMPLIED
This defines what the link element should look like. Read the DTD, I know
its hard to read, put it will outline the elements and show you how your
document should be defiend
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd