Stylesheet (.css)

Rickard Lindhé

Hey.

I'm experiencing a problem using a css stylesheet on my homepage
(http://w1.193.telia.com/~u19305515/test/testis.html). As you can see, the
link works according to the stylesheet when not visited. But when the link
is visited, the stylesheet has no effect on the link. Basically, what my
problem is all about, is that I want my visited links to be underlined in
hover, just like they are when not visited.

I hope there is someone who can help me with this issue!
/Rickard

This is how my .css file looks like now:

A:active {
COLOR: #4040cc; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma; FONT-SIZE: 9pt; TEXT-DECORATION:
underline
}
A:hover {
COLOR: #aa0050; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma; FONT-SIZE: 9pt; TEXT-DECORATION:
underline
}
A:link {
COLOR: #4040cc; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma; FONT-SIZE: 9pt; TEXT-DECORATION: none
}
A:visited {
COLOR: #4040cc; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma; FONT-SIZE: 9pt; TEXT-DECORATION: none
}
BODY {
COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica; FONT-SIZE: 8pt;
}

#PCL {
font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica;
font-style: none;
font-weight: normal;
text-decoration: none;
font-size: 8pt;
}

#PTT {
font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica;
font-size: 8pt;
}

#PST {
font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica;
font-size: 8pt;

kaeli

Hey.

I'm experiencing a problem using a css stylesheet on my homepage

Then post in the stylesheet group.
Although they'll rip apart your style. Kind of like I'm about to do. :)
I hope there is someone who can help me with this issue!
/Rickard

This is how my .css file looks like now:

A:active {
COLOR: #4040cc; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma; FONT-SIZE: 9pt; TEXT-DECORATION:
underline
}

Don't use pixels for fonts!
We can't resize the text if we can't read it well. That is, trying to
increase the font size using my browsers view -> font size option won't
work if you use pixels.
Not all of us have good vision, you know. Use percents or small, medium,
etc.
What am I supposed to see if I don't have Tahoma? Use fallbacks.
font-family: Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif;
font-size: small;
#PCL {
font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica;

Don't use verdana.
http://www.xs4all.nl/~sbpoley/webmatters/verdana.html

This seems top have fixed the problems.
<head>
<title> New Document </title>
A {
COLOR: #4040cc;
font-family: Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif;FONT-SIZE: 9pt;
TEXT-DECORATION: none;
FONT-SIZE: small;
}

A:active {
COLOR: #4040cc;
font-family: Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif;FONT-SIZE: 9pt;
FONT-SIZE: small;
TEXT-DECORATION:underline;
}
A:hover {
COLOR: #aa0050;
font-family: Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif;FONT-SIZE: 9pt;
FONT-SIZE: small;
TEXT-DECORATION:underline;
}
A:link {
COLOR: #4040cc;
font-family: Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif;FONT-SIZE: 9pt;
FONT-SIZE: small;
TEXT-DECORATION: none;
}
</head>

~kaeli~
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they
taste funny?
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

Dr John Stockton

JRS: In article <[email protected]>, seen in
Michael Winter <[email protected]
d> posted at Tue, 17 Feb 2004 22:51:21 :-
I'm experiencing a problem using a css stylesheet on my homepage

[snipped - irrelevant]

Why post here then? Go to comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets.

<FAQENTRY alt="see FAQ 2.2">

Which Newsgroup Should My Question Really Go To?

Newsgroups suitable for questions which are only moderately off-topic
here include :

* alt.html
* comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets
* comp.lang.java, comp.lang.java.*