Stylesheet (.css)

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Rickard Lindhé, Feb 17, 2004.

  1. Hey.

    I'm experiencing a problem using a css stylesheet on my homepage
    (http://w1.193.telia.com/~u19305515/test/testis.html). As you can see, the
    link works according to the stylesheet when not visited. But when the link
    is visited, the stylesheet has no effect on the link. Basically, what my
    problem is all about, is that I want my visited links to be underlined in
    hover, just like they are when not visited.

    I hope there is someone who can help me with this issue!
    /Rickard

    This is how my .css file looks like now:

    A:active {
    COLOR: #4040cc; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma; FONT-SIZE: 9pt; TEXT-DECORATION:
    underline
    }
    A:hover {
    COLOR: #aa0050; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma; FONT-SIZE: 9pt; TEXT-DECORATION:
    underline
    }
    A:link {
    COLOR: #4040cc; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma; FONT-SIZE: 9pt; TEXT-DECORATION: none
    }
    A:visited {
    COLOR: #4040cc; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma; FONT-SIZE: 9pt; TEXT-DECORATION: none
    }
    BODY {
    COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica; FONT-SIZE: 8pt;
    }

    #PCL {
    font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica;
    font-style: none;
    font-weight: normal;
    text-decoration: none;
    font-size: 8pt;
    }

    #PTT {
    font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica;
    font-size: 8pt;
    }

    #PST {
    Rickard Lindhé, Feb 17, 2004

  2. On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 22:47:41 GMT, Rickard Lindhé <>
    wrote:

    > I'm experiencing a problem using a css stylesheet on my homepage

    [snipped - irrelevant]

    Why post here then? Go to comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets.

    Mike

    --
    Michael Winter
    Michael Winter, Feb 17, 2004

  3. Rickard Lindhé

    kaeli Guest

    In article <hSwYb.49386$>,
    enlightened us with...
    > Hey.
    >
    > I'm experiencing a problem using a css stylesheet on my homepage

    Then post in the stylesheet group.
    Although they'll rip apart your style. Kind of like I'm about to do. :)

    > I hope there is someone who can help me with this issue!
    > /Rickard
    >
    > This is how my .css file looks like now:
    >
    > A:active {
    > COLOR: #4040cc; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma; FONT-SIZE: 9pt; TEXT-DECORATION:
    > underline
    > }

    Don't use pixels for fonts!
    We can't resize the text if we can't read it well. That is, trying to
    increase the font size using my browsers view -> font size option won't
    work if you use pixels.
    Not all of us have good vision, you know. Use percents or small, medium,
    etc.
    What am I supposed to see if I don't have Tahoma? Use fallbacks.
    font-family: Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif;
    font-size: small;

    > #PCL {
    > font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica;

    Don't use verdana.
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~sbpoley/webmatters/verdana.html

    This seems top have fixed the problems.
    <head>
    <title> New Document </title>
    A {
    COLOR: #4040cc;
    font-family: Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif;FONT-SIZE: 9pt;
    TEXT-DECORATION: none;
    FONT-SIZE: small;
    }

    A:active {
    COLOR: #4040cc;
    font-family: Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif;FONT-SIZE: 9pt;
    FONT-SIZE: small;
    TEXT-DECORATION:underline;
    }
    A:hover {
    COLOR: #aa0050;
    font-family: Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif;FONT-SIZE: 9pt;
    FONT-SIZE: small;
    TEXT-DECORATION:underline;
    }
    A:link {
    COLOR: #4040cc;
    font-family: Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif;FONT-SIZE: 9pt;
    FONT-SIZE: small;
    TEXT-DECORATION: none;
    }
    </head>

    ~kaeli~
    Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they
    taste funny?
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace
    kaeli, Feb 18, 2004
  4. JRS: In article <>, seen in
    news:comp.lang.javascript, Michael Winter <
    d> posted at Tue, 17 Feb 2004 22:51:21 :-
    >On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 22:47:41 GMT, Rickard Lindhé <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >> I'm experiencing a problem using a css stylesheet on my homepage

    >[snipped - irrelevant]
    >
    >Why post here then? Go to comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets.

    <FAQENTRY alt="see FAQ 2.2">

    Which Newsgroup Should My Question Really Go To?

    Newsgroups suitable for questions which are only moderately off-topic
    here include :

    * alt.html
    * comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets
    * comp.lang.java, comp.lang.java.*